Nidhi Singh suicide: Husband, in-laws arrested
Nidhi Singh (24)ended her life at a first floor flat at
Golden Apartments in MIDC area on Tuesday, police said.
The victim even recorded her suicide incident at home,
police said but refused to comment as to which device she had
used to record her extreme step, police said.
"The duo who hailed from Uttar Pradesh married in
February this year. It was a love marriage. Samdashi works in
a private bank as an assistant manager. The victim`s father
Vedh Singh alleged that Samdashi and her in-laws Raghvendra
Singh (55) and Lata (48) had tortured the victim mentally and
physically and even demanded Rs five lakh from her," said
Suresh Hujband, Senior Inspector at MIDC police station.
After the complaint, the victim`s husband and her
in-laws were arrested, he said.
Police sources said the complainant Vedh Singh had also
alleged that Samdshi was having extra marital affair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!