Nidhi Singh suicide: Husband, in-laws arrested
Nidhi Singh (24)ended her life at a first floor flat at
Golden Apartments in MIDC area on Tuesday, police said.
The victim even recorded her suicide incident at home,
police said but refused to comment as to which device she had
used to record her extreme step, police said.
"The duo who hailed from Uttar Pradesh married in
February this year. It was a love marriage. Samdashi works in
a private bank as an assistant manager. The victim`s father
Vedh Singh alleged that Samdashi and her in-laws Raghvendra
Singh (55) and Lata (48) had tortured the victim mentally and
physically and even demanded Rs five lakh from her," said
Suresh Hujband, Senior Inspector at MIDC police station.
After the complaint, the victim`s husband and her
in-laws were arrested, he said.
Police sources said the complainant Vedh Singh had also
alleged that Samdshi was having extra marital affair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'