No breakthrough in Vasant Kunj murder case
New Delhi: The Delhi Police is yet to get
any breakthrough in the probe into the murder of a 20-year-old
IT student in south Delhi with investigators on Tuesday saying they
were "clueless" even as its elite Crime Branch started its own
Over 30 people, including a number of friends of the
victim as well as the parents of his girlfriend, were already
questioned in connection with the murder of Shobhit Modi last
Shobhit was found with multiple stab wounds by a
security guard of his colony in Vasant Kunj. He was rushed to
a hospital by his family where he was declared brought dead.
A senior police official said they were "clueless"
even after questioning the victim`s friends and the family of
his girlfriend. "There is nothing concrete," the official
The official said a close friend of Shobhit, who is
living in the neighbourhood, was also questioned for last
three days to find a clue about the murder. Police are working
on all angles but are yet to make any headway, he said.
Crime Branch has been roped in the case but they were
also yet to make any headway in the case, sources said.
The boy`s family alleged that the girl`s relatives had
threatened Shobhit some time ago over their relationship
though the girl`s family has denied this. Shobhit was said to
have met the girl along with some other friends at a mall in
Vasant Kunj some time before he was murdered.
The police have already reconstructed the scene of
crime in Vasant Kunj and looked into the Shobhit`s Facebook
page for clues. They are also probing the angle of road rage.
Shobhit`s iPhone, costly wristwatch and cash had not
been taken away and this had led police to arrive at the
conclusion that robbery was not the motive behind the murder.
The boy was a second-year student of Information
Technology in Manav Rachna University in Faridabad. His father
is a general manager in Mines and Minerals Trading
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why