No Deputy Commissioner for Delhi police Special Cell
New Delhi: Delhi Police has relieved the
Deputy Commissioner of its elite anti-terror wing Special Cell
from duty upon his transfer but has not replaced him with an
officer of the same rank even as it affected a reshuffle among
its middle-level officers.
Alok Kumar, presently the DCP of Special Cell, has
been relieved from duty on his transfer to Arunachal Pradesh.
No new DCP has been posted at the Cell. However,
Shibesh Singh, presently Additional DCP at Economic Offences
Wing, has been transferred to Special Cell at the same rank.
Kumar, a 2000 batch IPS officer, was the DCP of
Special Cell for about three years. "The Cell will not have a
DCP for the time being. Singh will be handling the work done
by Kumar," a senior police official said.
Presently, the Special Cell has no Additional DCP.
"Lt Governor Tejinder Khanna has approved the
transfers of the officers. There are some changes," the
G C Trivedi, who was transfered from Lakshadweep, will
be the new DCP (Traffic) for Southern Range in place of
Rupinder Kumar, who has been transfered to Central Range.
Suvashish Choudhary, presently DCP (Traffic-Central),
has been moved to Ist Battalion of Armed Police as its
Additional Deputy Commissioner.
Dr A K Singhla, who was looking after the work of
Additional DCP (Traffic-Western Region), has been transfered
to Traffic (VIP) wing in the same rank. "He will immediately
report and remain understudy till April 30 and assume charge
on May one," a senior police official said.
M N Tiwari, Additional DCP (Ist Battalion), has been
transfered to Security Wing in the same rank
Mahesh Bharadwaj, who was transfered from Andaman
Nicobar, has been posted as Additional DCP in Eastern Range of
Sharat Kumar, who was looking after the work of
Additional DCP (Traffic-Eastern) has been given the new
posting at Traffic-Western Range in the same rank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends