No rains but dengue is here
New Delhi: Even before the onset of monsoons, dengue cases are being reported in the capital in a sign that epidemiology of mosquito-borne diseases in the country is changing.
With one more person testing positive for the dengue virus, cases in the city rose to three.
"Another person tested positive for the virus. With this the total count of dengue cases till now is three," said Dr N K Yadav, MCD medical officer.
He said, "This case was reported from Jahangirpuri in the month of May."
However, the official website of the Directorate of National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme, the central nodal agency for the prevention and control of dengue in the country, has left out the third positive dengue case reported in the capital in the month of May.
According to the NVBDCP data, the total number of dengue cases till May across the country is 3,363. The highest number of positive dengue figure cases have been reported from Tamil Nadu with 1900 cases, followed by 690 cases in Kerala, 207 in Karnataka, 172 in Puducherry and 130 in Gujarat among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video