No rains but dengue is here
New Delhi: Even before the onset of monsoons, dengue cases are being reported in the capital in a sign that epidemiology of mosquito-borne diseases in the country is changing.
With one more person testing positive for the dengue virus, cases in the city rose to three.
"Another person tested positive for the virus. With this the total count of dengue cases till now is three," said Dr N K Yadav, MCD medical officer.
He said, "This case was reported from Jahangirpuri in the month of May."
However, the official website of the Directorate of National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme, the central nodal agency for the prevention and control of dengue in the country, has left out the third positive dengue case reported in the capital in the month of May.
According to the NVBDCP data, the total number of dengue cases till May across the country is 3,363. The highest number of positive dengue figure cases have been reported from Tamil Nadu with 1900 cases, followed by 690 cases in Kerala, 207 in Karnataka, 172 in Puducherry and 130 in Gujarat among others.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!