No rains but dengue is here
New Delhi: Even before the onset of monsoons, dengue cases are being reported in the capital in a sign that epidemiology of mosquito-borne diseases in the country is changing.
With one more person testing positive for the dengue virus, cases in the city rose to three.
"Another person tested positive for the virus. With this the total count of dengue cases till now is three," said Dr N K Yadav, MCD medical officer.
He said, "This case was reported from Jahangirpuri in the month of May."
However, the official website of the Directorate of National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme, the central nodal agency for the prevention and control of dengue in the country, has left out the third positive dengue case reported in the capital in the month of May.
According to the NVBDCP data, the total number of dengue cases till May across the country is 3,363. The highest number of positive dengue figure cases have been reported from Tamil Nadu with 1900 cases, followed by 690 cases in Kerala, 207 in Karnataka, 172 in Puducherry and 130 in Gujarat among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand