No rains but dengue is here
New Delhi: Even before the onset of monsoons, dengue cases are being reported in the capital in a sign that epidemiology of mosquito-borne diseases in the country is changing.
With one more person testing positive for the dengue virus, cases in the city rose to three.
"Another person tested positive for the virus. With this the total count of dengue cases till now is three," said Dr N K Yadav, MCD medical officer.
He said, "This case was reported from Jahangirpuri in the month of May."
However, the official website of the Directorate of National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme, the central nodal agency for the prevention and control of dengue in the country, has left out the third positive dengue case reported in the capital in the month of May.
According to the NVBDCP data, the total number of dengue cases till May across the country is 3,363. The highest number of positive dengue figure cases have been reported from Tamil Nadu with 1900 cases, followed by 690 cases in Kerala, 207 in Karnataka, 172 in Puducherry and 130 in Gujarat among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal