Now Cong to move privilege motion against Malhotra in Assembly
New Delhi: Congress will move a breach of privilege motion against senior BJP leader V K Malhotra in the Delhi Assembly on Thursday, accusing him of "undermining" the authority of the Speaker in the House.
The decision by Congress came after Malhotra announced that BJP will bring a no-confidence motion against Speaker Yoganand Shastri, claiming that he has been running the House in a "partition manner".
"We will bring a breach of privilege motion against Malhotra as he has undermined the authority of the Speaker which is a constitutional post. BJP has not been showing any respect to the Speaker`s rulings," said Mukesh Sharma, Senior Congress MLA and Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s Parliamentary Secretary.
Condemning BJP`s "behaviour" towards the Speaker in the Assembly today, Sharma said the opposition party does not have any respect for either constitutional posts or institutions.
The BJP decision to bring a no-confidence motion against the Speaker came following his ruling to suspend party MLAs from the House for one day after they created ruckus demanding a discussion on a Lokayukta report against Dikshit.
Shastri had rejected BJP`s demand for discussion on the Lokayukta report on the alleged misrepresentation of facts by her on construction of low-cost flats.
"In last four years, out of 84 days of Assembly session, he has kept Opposition members out for almost 40 days. He is not allowing us to raise our issues, we have decided to bring no-confidence motion against the Speaker," Malhotra said after BJP MLAs were marshalled out of the House.
In an order in July last year, Lokayukta Justice Manmohan Sarin had sent a recommendation to the President to censure Dikshit for allegedly misrepresenting facts on construction of flats for poor people ahead of the 2008 Delhi Assembly polls.
Then President Pratibha Patil in November last year had "advised" the Urban Development department, which is the nodal agency for construction of low cost flats, to exercise caution in making public announcements while rejecting the recommendation against Dikshit.
The government, in an action taken report tabled in the Assembly yesterday, said there was no need to "resubmit" the report of the Lokayukta to the President for reconsideration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'