Parking rates in South Delhi area to double
New Delhi: Parking rates in areas under the jurisdiction of South Delhi Municipal Corporation will double with the civic body on Wednesday clearing a budget proposal for this.
The civic body adopted the proposal for increase in parking rates suggested by SDMC Commissioner Manish Gupta with some modifications.
According to the decision, Rs 20 will be charged for the first three hours and Rs 10 for every subsequent hour for four-wheelers and Rs 10 for first three hours and Rs 5 for every subsequent hour for two-wheelers.
The present parking rates for cars is Rs 10 for first 10 hours and Rs 20 for 24 hours.
"Parking rates have not been revised for a long time now. The hike is just a step in regularising the parking contractors who are even now charging Rs 20 from driver.
"The extra Rs 10 is going into their pockets instead of reaching the Corporation. The hike will also encourage more people to use public transport, Rajesh Gehlot, Chairman of SDMC Standing Committee, said.
Gupta had in December suggested parking rates to be charged hourly. For parking a car in Category A area for half an hour, it was suggested that cars should shell out Rs 10, for half hour to one hour Rs 20 and for one hour to three hours Rs. 50. An additional Rs.20 per hour was to be charged for every extra hour after that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22