Parking rates in South Delhi area to double
New Delhi: Parking rates in areas under the jurisdiction of South Delhi Municipal Corporation will double with the civic body on Wednesday clearing a budget proposal for this.
The civic body adopted the proposal for increase in parking rates suggested by SDMC Commissioner Manish Gupta with some modifications.
According to the decision, Rs 20 will be charged for the first three hours and Rs 10 for every subsequent hour for four-wheelers and Rs 10 for first three hours and Rs 5 for every subsequent hour for two-wheelers.
The present parking rates for cars is Rs 10 for first 10 hours and Rs 20 for 24 hours.
"Parking rates have not been revised for a long time now. The hike is just a step in regularising the parking contractors who are even now charging Rs 20 from driver.
"The extra Rs 10 is going into their pockets instead of reaching the Corporation. The hike will also encourage more people to use public transport, Rajesh Gehlot, Chairman of SDMC Standing Committee, said.
Gupta had in December suggested parking rates to be charged hourly. For parking a car in Category A area for half an hour, it was suggested that cars should shell out Rs 10, for half hour to one hour Rs 20 and for one hour to three hours Rs. 50. An additional Rs.20 per hour was to be charged for every extra hour after that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you