Parking woes? Don’t travel in car, says Delhi CM
New Delhi: In a fresh eccentric statement of hers, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Thursday advised city dwellers not to travel in cars if they found it hard to deal with the parking woes.
Sheila’s comment comes a day after the commissioners of the newly created municipal bodies in Delhi talked about a proposal to hike the parking charges by three fold which has already sent alarm bells ringing for city’s commuters.
Commissioners Manish Gupta (South), P K Gupta (North), and S S Yadav (East) said that the proposal for hike will be brought before the deliberative wings of the municipal bodies in the next one or two months.
If the commissioners have their way, Delhites would have to pay heavier amounts for their vehicles’ parking.
According to the commissioners, the hike would be a good move for preventing the misuse of Delhi’s pricey space that is otherwise exploited for parking.
Commissioners also reasoned that the high parking costs would encourage public transport.
This proposal is widely being seen as a way out for the newly created cash-strapped municipal bodies to boost their financial status.
Commissioners’ proposal along with Sheila’s uncouth comments may not go down well with Delhites who are already suffering with a plethora of problems including a high rate of violence and crime, especially against women.
In the past too, Sheila has been heard giving unsavoury comments when she blamed the migrants for almost all problems in the city.
On the spurt of violent crimes against women in the city, this is what the honourable Delhi CM had to say, "What are the reasons that we understand... is the huge migratory populations and very porous borders. You can come into Delhi, commit a crime and just run back again... I suppose it is very difficult also to check..."
Sheila Dikshit has been criticized by almost all and sundry for such comments and her latest advice on the issue of paucity of parking space in Delhi too, may invite harsh reactions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert