Pleasant Sunday in Delhi, rains likely Monday
New Delhi: Delhi experienced a pleasant Sunday, though the maximum temperature settled two notches above the season`s average, at 35.6 degree Celsius. The Met office has forecast light rains Monday.
"The skies will remain partly cloudy, with rain and thundershowers in some parts of the city," said an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official.
While the humidity Sunday was recorded between a high and low of 79 and 48 percent, respectively, the minimum temperature settled a notch above average at 26.7 degree Celsius.
Monday`s maximum temperature is expected to hover around 35 degree Celsius.
Since the arrival of the monsoon, the city has recorded 781.4 mm of rainfall -- 49 percent above normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing