Pleasant Sunday in Delhi, rains likely Monday
New Delhi: Delhi experienced a pleasant Sunday, though the maximum temperature settled two notches above the season`s average, at 35.6 degree Celsius. The Met office has forecast light rains Monday.
"The skies will remain partly cloudy, with rain and thundershowers in some parts of the city," said an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official.
While the humidity Sunday was recorded between a high and low of 79 and 48 percent, respectively, the minimum temperature settled a notch above average at 26.7 degree Celsius.
Monday`s maximum temperature is expected to hover around 35 degree Celsius.
Since the arrival of the monsoon, the city has recorded 781.4 mm of rainfall -- 49 percent above normal.
- Know Vijay Mallya's Rajya Sabha journey
- Lifestyle, self-care, diet tips to deal with asthma!
- Rayudu vs Harbhajan, Kohli vs Gambhir – Watch the biggest fights from the Indian Premier League
- Diesel taxi ban in Delhi: 140 drivers booked
- Uttarakhand crisis: SC asks Centre to think about floor test, adjourns hearing till tomorrow