PM compliments Sibal for his dedication in handling ministry
New Delhi: HRD Minister Kapil Sibal, who
has been upset after being attacked by a party colleague in
Parliament, was on Saturday complimented by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for his zeal and dedication in handling the "most
"I compliment and pay tribute to my colleague Shri
Kapil Sibal for the zeal, dedication and enthusiasm that he
has brought to bear on the work of this most important
ministry of Union Government that the Human Resource
Development Ministry is," he said.
Singh was addressing National Award winning teachers at
his residence on the occasion of Teacher`s Day.
The HRD Minister had to defer the Education Tribunal
Bill, 2010, a key educational reform bills, which came under
attack from Opposition members as also senior Congress leader
K Keshava Rao in the Rajya Sabha.
Sibal was understood to be upset at the turn of events in
Rajya Sabha as the passage of the Bill would have expedited
efforts to take up other important educational reforms Bills
like Prohibition of Unfair Practices in Technical, Medical
Educational Institutions and Universities Bill, 2010 and
National Accreditation Authority Bill.
Rao, joined by members from other parties, had
attacked Sibal in the Rajya Sabha for his "hurry" to get the
House to pass the Education Tribual Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?