Police file action taken report on complaint against Geelani
New Delhi: Delhi Police Tuesday filed an action taken report (ATR) before a Delhi court on a complaint seeking registration of an FIR against separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani and three others for allegedly instilling "hatred" among the people of Kashmir and other parts of India.
Delhi police submitted the ATR in a sealed cover before the court of Metropolitan Magistrate Prashant Sharma who kept it for November 19.
The Magistrate did not open the envelope as the judge, who had earlier asked the station house officer of Mandir Marg Police Station here to file the report on the complaint filed by two Delhi residents, was on leave.
The court had ordered for reinvestigation into the case after the complainants said they had approached police earlier in the matter but no action was taken on their complaint.
The complaints had claimed that Geelani, the chief of the hardline Hurriyat faction who is at present under house arrest in Hyderpora in Kashmir, had on several occasions "threatened the safety and security of the government of India and its citizens" by delivering hate speeches.
Besides Geelani, the complainants had also sought lodging of FIRs against Mohd Ashraf Sahrai, General Secretary of Tehreek-E-Hurriyat, and two Hurriyat Conference members, Masarat Alam Bhat and Ghulam Nabi Sumji, for offences under various sections of IPC like 121 (waging or attempting to wage war against country) and 153A (promoting enmity between classes).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened