Portfolio reshuffle in Delhi cabinet
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Monday reshuffled the portfolios of her ministers, sources in the government said.
Health Minister A.K. Walia, who held several portfolios, has been divested of the revenue and urban development charge, sources told IANS. Walia has been given the additional responsibility of higher education department.
He also holds the portfolio of flood and irrigation department.
However, there was no official confirmation from the chief minister`s office. The official announcement is expected Tuesday.
Arvinder Singh Lovely has been entrusted the urban development and revenue departments.
The transport department, which till now was looked after by Lovely, has been given to Labour Minister Ramakant Goswami.
The education department, which was also under Lovely, has been handed over to Kiran Walia who holds the portfolios of women and child and social welfare.
Power Minister Haroon Yusuf is said to have been given the industries department which was under Goswami.
"I just go to know about the reshuffle but can`t say much," a minister told IANS.
The reshuffle comes on a day when the government cleared the way for regularising 900 colonies the work of which was given to A.K. Walia. the senior most minister in Sheila Dikshit`s cabinet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says