Rival inmates clash in Tihar Jail; 1 dead, 3 injured
New Delhi: An inmate at the high security Tihar prison died and three sustained injuries on Friday following a violent clash between two groups.
The incident occured at the jail number one of the prison at around 6:30 in the morning in which 27-year-old Javed, a resident of Seelampur area of North East Delhi, died.
"Two groups had old rivalries and this morning they clashed with each other in which inmate Javed lost his life," Tihar Law Officer Sunil Gupta said.
Javed was in the prison for last seven years, Gupta said adding the injured have been admitted to Deen Dayal Upadhaya hospital.
He said a thorough probe into the incident has already been ordered.
Another official said those admitted in the hospital sustained serious injuries.
The jail authorities had stepped up security for all the 20 Pakistani inmates lodged in the jail in the wake of death of Sarabjit Singh after a murderous assault in a Lahore prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi