Rival inmates clash in Tihar Jail; 1 dead, 3 injured
New Delhi: An inmate at the high security Tihar prison died and three sustained injuries on Friday following a violent clash between two groups.
The incident occured at the jail number one of the prison at around 6:30 in the morning in which 27-year-old Javed, a resident of Seelampur area of North East Delhi, died.
"Two groups had old rivalries and this morning they clashed with each other in which inmate Javed lost his life," Tihar Law Officer Sunil Gupta said.
Javed was in the prison for last seven years, Gupta said adding the injured have been admitted to Deen Dayal Upadhaya hospital.
He said a thorough probe into the incident has already been ordered.
Another official said those admitted in the hospital sustained serious injuries.
The jail authorities had stepped up security for all the 20 Pakistani inmates lodged in the jail in the wake of death of Sarabjit Singh after a murderous assault in a Lahore prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price