Rival inmates clash in Tihar Jail; 1 dead, 3 injured
New Delhi: An inmate at the high security Tihar prison died and three sustained injuries on Friday following a violent clash between two groups.
The incident occured at the jail number one of the prison at around 6:30 in the morning in which 27-year-old Javed, a resident of Seelampur area of North East Delhi, died.
"Two groups had old rivalries and this morning they clashed with each other in which inmate Javed lost his life," Tihar Law Officer Sunil Gupta said.
Javed was in the prison for last seven years, Gupta said adding the injured have been admitted to Deen Dayal Upadhaya hospital.
He said a thorough probe into the incident has already been ordered.
Another official said those admitted in the hospital sustained serious injuries.
The jail authorities had stepped up security for all the 20 Pakistani inmates lodged in the jail in the wake of death of Sarabjit Singh after a murderous assault in a Lahore prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda