Rival inmates clash in Tihar Jail; 1 dead, 3 injured
New Delhi: An inmate at the high security Tihar prison died and three sustained injuries on Friday following a violent clash between two groups.
The incident occured at the jail number one of the prison at around 6:30 in the morning in which 27-year-old Javed, a resident of Seelampur area of North East Delhi, died.
"Two groups had old rivalries and this morning they clashed with each other in which inmate Javed lost his life," Tihar Law Officer Sunil Gupta said.
Javed was in the prison for last seven years, Gupta said adding the injured have been admitted to Deen Dayal Upadhaya hospital.
He said a thorough probe into the incident has already been ordered.
Another official said those admitted in the hospital sustained serious injuries.
The jail authorities had stepped up security for all the 20 Pakistani inmates lodged in the jail in the wake of death of Sarabjit Singh after a murderous assault in a Lahore prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 2016, KKR vs SRH: Colin Munro's run-out was the turning point of the match, says Gautam Gambhir
- D-St gives thumbs up to 2 years of Modi govt: Sensex tops 26,600-mark; Nifty above 8,100-level
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, Class X Results 2016 (cbse.nic.in) to be declared on May 30 not today on May 27 or May 28
- Whoa! Kareena Kapoor Khan gets bigger role in Sonam Kapoor's 'Veera Di Shaadi'?
- Faux pas: Ghaziabad cops verify Rahul Gandhi as a driver residing in Indirapuram