Saket woman`s post-mortem says she died a natural death
New Delhi: An octogenarian woman, whose
highly decomposed body was found in her south Delhi home where
her daughter lived, died a natural death, the post-mortem
report said today.
The decomposed body of Vinodini Gupta (80) was found in
her residence in Saket D-Block Saturday afternoon after a DJB
employee, who came there to check the water meter, became
suspicious and neighbours informed police.
Shockingly, her 50-year-old mentally unsound daughter
Shalini stayed in their Saket house with the body of her
mother for a few months not recognising that she was dead.
"The post mortem has revealed that her`s was a natural
death. There is no foul play," a senior police official said.
The body has been handed over to Shalini`s daughter
Rehana, an MBA student in Bangalore.
A police team had came to the spot after the neighbours
informed them and knocked the door but there was no
After sometime, police broke open the door only to
sense a foul smell emanating from the room and find a woman
later identified as Shalini, the deceased`s daughter, sitting
in the room, a senior police official said.
"Then we found a decomposed body on the bed which was
identified as that of her mother. We asked the woman about it
but she did not speak. She did not tell anything. She appeared
to be mentally challenged," the official said.
"There were parts of bones and flesh. The body was not in
full. It was badly decomposed. We collected the body parts and
took them to AIIMS for post-mortem," the official said. The
deceased was also found wearing socks.
Shalini had told people that her mother had died a year
ago though neighbours said they had spotted Vinodini a few
months ago. She also claimed that the body which was found in
her house was not of her mother.
She told people that a builder residing in Golf Links
have dumped the body in her house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting underway - Big prestige battle for BJP and Shiv Sena
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai, BJP gains lead in Pune; NCP wins 4 seats in Ulhasnagar