SC refuses to grant bail to Vikas Yadav for brother`s marriage
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday
dismissed the bail plea of former Rajya Sabha MP D P Yadav`s
son Vikas Yadav, serving life term in Tihar Jail for murdering
his sister`s friend Nitish Katara in February 2002.
Vikas had approached the apex court for bail to attend
his brother`s marriage, but a bench of justices V S Sirpurkar
and T S Thakur dismissed his plea curtly telling him, "It is
your brother`s marriage, not your marriage."
The bench refused to interfere with the order of the
Delhi High Court, which has already granted Vikas parole for
six hours under police vigil to attend his brother`s marriage
slated for Saturday.
The high court had rejected Vikas` plea for a three-
month bail for the marriage and concomitant ceremonies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days