SDMC makes CCTV mandatory in shops with over 250 sq feet area
New Delhi: In tune with a Standing Committee proposal, the House of the South Delhi Municipal Corporation today decided that all commercial establishments with an area more than 250 sq feet will have to install CCTV cameras for better security.
The directives for installation of CCTV cameras had come from the Special Task Force set up under the chairmanship of Union Home Secretary in the aftermath of the brutal gangrape of a 23-year-old in the national capital.
It was then suggested that after the installation of the close circuit cameras, it should be mandatory to keep a month- long recording of the cameras safe so that if the law enforcement agencies require it, the same can be provided to them.
According to the new resolution, all cinema halls, malls, car parking, hotels, places of public gathering and commercial establishments that are of the size 250 sq. Feet and above will have to put up CCTV cameras.
In case of any violation, the commissioner will also have the power to cancel the license of such an establishment. Before that, a penalty of Rs 500 plus an additional Rs 20 can be levied as a punishment for every day the contravention continues.
The installation of CCTVs will now form an essential condition in the license policy for the above mentioned establishments to make sure it is implemented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'