SDMC makes CCTV mandatory in shops with over 250 sq feet area
New Delhi: In tune with a Standing Committee proposal, the House of the South Delhi Municipal Corporation today decided that all commercial establishments with an area more than 250 sq feet will have to install CCTV cameras for better security.
The directives for installation of CCTV cameras had come from the Special Task Force set up under the chairmanship of Union Home Secretary in the aftermath of the brutal gangrape of a 23-year-old in the national capital.
It was then suggested that after the installation of the close circuit cameras, it should be mandatory to keep a month- long recording of the cameras safe so that if the law enforcement agencies require it, the same can be provided to them.
According to the new resolution, all cinema halls, malls, car parking, hotels, places of public gathering and commercial establishments that are of the size 250 sq. Feet and above will have to put up CCTV cameras.
In case of any violation, the commissioner will also have the power to cancel the license of such an establishment. Before that, a penalty of Rs 500 plus an additional Rs 20 can be levied as a punishment for every day the contravention continues.
The installation of CCTVs will now form an essential condition in the license policy for the above mentioned establishments to make sure it is implemented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand