Security stepped up at Delhi Metro premises
New Delhi In the wake of the blast outside Delhi High Court, security on the Delhi Metro and its premises across the national capital was tightened on Wednesday with bomb squads sanitizing stations.
CISF, which guards Delhi Metro and its installations across the national capital region, beefed up security immediately after the blast took place at around 10.20 am.
"Security has been tightened. People are being frisked with extra checks and baggage’s are being screened using scanners. Extra personnel have been deployed to carry out the checks," a senior CISF official said.
He said, baggage scanning has been intensified at all stations across the NCR region and dog and bomb squads have sanitized the stations and their premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players