Security stepped up at Delhi Metro premises
New Delhi In the wake of the blast outside Delhi High Court, security on the Delhi Metro and its premises across the national capital was tightened on Wednesday with bomb squads sanitizing stations.
CISF, which guards Delhi Metro and its installations across the national capital region, beefed up security immediately after the blast took place at around 10.20 am.
"Security has been tightened. People are being frisked with extra checks and baggage’s are being screened using scanners. Extra personnel have been deployed to carry out the checks," a senior CISF official said.
He said, baggage scanning has been intensified at all stations across the NCR region and dog and bomb squads have sanitized the stations and their premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!