Security stepped up at Delhi Metro premises
New Delhi In the wake of the blast outside Delhi High Court, security on the Delhi Metro and its premises across the national capital was tightened on Wednesday with bomb squads sanitizing stations.
CISF, which guards Delhi Metro and its installations across the national capital region, beefed up security immediately after the blast took place at around 10.20 am.
"Security has been tightened. People are being frisked with extra checks and baggage’s are being screened using scanners. Extra personnel have been deployed to carry out the checks," a senior CISF official said.
He said, baggage scanning has been intensified at all stations across the NCR region and dog and bomb squads have sanitized the stations and their premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Arms training: Bajrang Dal's Ayodhya chief Mahesh Mishra arrested over charges of inciting religious hatred
- Left, Congress call for people's movement against Trinamool 'terror'
- SP main rival in UP polls, not decided on CM face: Amit Shah
- Pope prays to 'convert hearts' of Islamic State jihadists
- Cristiano Ronaldo wants extended Real Madrid stay