Security stepped up at Delhi Metro premises
New Delhi In the wake of the blast outside Delhi High Court, security on the Delhi Metro and its premises across the national capital was tightened on Wednesday with bomb squads sanitizing stations.
CISF, which guards Delhi Metro and its installations across the national capital region, beefed up security immediately after the blast took place at around 10.20 am.
"Security has been tightened. People are being frisked with extra checks and baggage’s are being screened using scanners. Extra personnel have been deployed to carry out the checks," a senior CISF official said.
He said, baggage scanning has been intensified at all stations across the NCR region and dog and bomb squads have sanitized the stations and their premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal