Security stepped up at Delhi Metro premises
New Delhi In the wake of the blast outside Delhi High Court, security on the Delhi Metro and its premises across the national capital was tightened on Wednesday with bomb squads sanitizing stations.
CISF, which guards Delhi Metro and its installations across the national capital region, beefed up security immediately after the blast took place at around 10.20 am.
"Security has been tightened. People are being frisked with extra checks and baggage’s are being screened using scanners. Extra personnel have been deployed to carry out the checks," a senior CISF official said.
He said, baggage scanning has been intensified at all stations across the NCR region and dog and bomb squads have sanitized the stations and their premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?