Seven injured in three separate fire incidents
New Delhi: Seven persons, including two children were injured in three separate incidents of fire where blasts took place in a gas cylinder, a PNG pipeline and a fridge here this afternoon, police and Fire officials said.
The three incidents, which took place between 1 to 1:15 PM, caused a panic like situation. However, senior police officials soon clarified that these were separate incidents with no link to each other. They also ruled out any foul play in the cases.
In the first incident, a small LPG gas cylinder caught fire in Nangli Rajapur in Sarai Kale Khan area of South Delhi while cooking at around 1 PM in which a husband and wife and their two children suffered burn injuries. Their landlord informed police after which those injured where rushed to hospital in CATS ambulance.
The second incident took place in Engineer`s Enclave area in Harsh Vihar when a PNG gas pipeline leaked causing an explosion in which three persons suffered burn injuries.
In the third incident, compressor of a fridge burst causing a minor fire at a shop in Matiala area in Uttam Nagar around the same time. Nobody was injured in the incident, police said.
In all the incidents, fire tenders were rushed to the spot which soon doused the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH