Seven injured in three separate fire incidents
New Delhi: Seven persons, including two children were injured in three separate incidents of fire where blasts took place in a gas cylinder, a PNG pipeline and a fridge here this afternoon, police and Fire officials said.
The three incidents, which took place between 1 to 1:15 PM, caused a panic like situation. However, senior police officials soon clarified that these were separate incidents with no link to each other. They also ruled out any foul play in the cases.
In the first incident, a small LPG gas cylinder caught fire in Nangli Rajapur in Sarai Kale Khan area of South Delhi while cooking at around 1 PM in which a husband and wife and their two children suffered burn injuries. Their landlord informed police after which those injured where rushed to hospital in CATS ambulance.
The second incident took place in Engineer`s Enclave area in Harsh Vihar when a PNG gas pipeline leaked causing an explosion in which three persons suffered burn injuries.
In the third incident, compressor of a fridge burst causing a minor fire at a shop in Matiala area in Uttam Nagar around the same time. Nobody was injured in the incident, police said.
In all the incidents, fire tenders were rushed to the spot which soon doused the fire.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?