Seven injured in three separate fire incidents
New Delhi: Seven persons, including two children were injured in three separate incidents of fire where blasts took place in a gas cylinder, a PNG pipeline and a fridge here this afternoon, police and Fire officials said.
The three incidents, which took place between 1 to 1:15 PM, caused a panic like situation. However, senior police officials soon clarified that these were separate incidents with no link to each other. They also ruled out any foul play in the cases.
In the first incident, a small LPG gas cylinder caught fire in Nangli Rajapur in Sarai Kale Khan area of South Delhi while cooking at around 1 PM in which a husband and wife and their two children suffered burn injuries. Their landlord informed police after which those injured where rushed to hospital in CATS ambulance.
The second incident took place in Engineer`s Enclave area in Harsh Vihar when a PNG gas pipeline leaked causing an explosion in which three persons suffered burn injuries.
In the third incident, compressor of a fridge burst causing a minor fire at a shop in Matiala area in Uttam Nagar around the same time. Nobody was injured in the incident, police said.
In all the incidents, fire tenders were rushed to the spot which soon doused the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail