Sheila Dikshit condoles AAP leader`s death
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Friday condoled the death of Santosh Koli, a close aide of Arvind Kejriwal and Aam Aadmi Party candidate for Delhi polls, who died after battling injuries sustained in a road accident.
In a letter to Kejriwal, Dikshit conveyed her "heartfelt condolences" to the family of Koli over her "sad demise".
28-year-old Koli, who was a candidate in the upcoming Delhi assembly elections from Seemapuri constituency, was a member of Aam Admi Party`s core committee.
AAP has been targeting Dikshit for hike in power and water tariff in the city.
She died in Gurgaon hospital on Wednesday after battling for life for 37 days following a road accident.
Koli had sustained severe brain injury when a car hit her motorbike from behind in Kaushambi area of Indirapuram locality when she, along with a party colleague Kuldeep, was going to party office on June 30.
Following her death, Kejriwal had alleged Delhi Police had done nothing to nab the culprits and failed to even trace the car which caused the accident.
During his hunger strike as part of his "Civil Disobedient Movement" against "inflated" power bills in New Delhi, Kejriwal had stayed at Koli`s house in Sundar Nagri.
Soon after the accident, AAP had alleged Koli was getting threatening calls for contesting polls and hinted a conspiracy behind the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days