Sheila Dikshit condoles AAP leader`s death
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Friday condoled the death of Santosh Koli, a close aide of Arvind Kejriwal and Aam Aadmi Party candidate for Delhi polls, who died after battling injuries sustained in a road accident.
In a letter to Kejriwal, Dikshit conveyed her "heartfelt condolences" to the family of Koli over her "sad demise".
28-year-old Koli, who was a candidate in the upcoming Delhi assembly elections from Seemapuri constituency, was a member of Aam Admi Party`s core committee.
AAP has been targeting Dikshit for hike in power and water tariff in the city.
She died in Gurgaon hospital on Wednesday after battling for life for 37 days following a road accident.
Koli had sustained severe brain injury when a car hit her motorbike from behind in Kaushambi area of Indirapuram locality when she, along with a party colleague Kuldeep, was going to party office on June 30.
Following her death, Kejriwal had alleged Delhi Police had done nothing to nab the culprits and failed to even trace the car which caused the accident.
During his hunger strike as part of his "Civil Disobedient Movement" against "inflated" power bills in New Delhi, Kejriwal had stayed at Koli`s house in Sundar Nagri.
Soon after the accident, AAP had alleged Koli was getting threatening calls for contesting polls and hinted a conspiracy behind the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune