Sheila warns against BJP`s promise of power tarrif cut
New Delhi: Dismissing BJP`s promise to bring down electricity rates by 30 per cent if voted back to power, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Friday said tariff could be brought down only by effecting ten-hour power cuts.
The Delhi Chief Minister appealed to the people to opt between a "dark city" and an "illuminated city" and accused the opposition parties of making false promises".
"They (opposition parties) are keen to capture power by fuelling hopes which are going to be dashed in near future. They can bring down the tariff rates by only effecting power cuts of 10 hours or more duration. It is for the public to opt between a dark city and an illuminated city," Dikshit said.
She said her government is sensitive to the needs of the poor and middle class families as it has given relief in power tariff to around 73 per cent households in the city.
"The subsidy given by the government has been increased from Re 1 to Rs 1.20 upto 200 unit consumption and between 201 to 400 units the tariff has been brought down from Rs 5.80 to Rs 5 per unit," she said.
Diskshit said the Food Security Programme is going to help around 75 lakh persons in Delhi.
Inaugurating the work for providing sewerage system in more than 12 unauthorised colonies under Kondli assembly segment, the Chief Minister said that with the commissioning of the sewerage system, around 1.60 lakh persons would benefit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'