Sheila warns against BJP`s promise of power tarrif cut
New Delhi: Dismissing BJP`s promise to bring down electricity rates by 30 per cent if voted back to power, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Friday said tariff could be brought down only by effecting ten-hour power cuts.
The Delhi Chief Minister appealed to the people to opt between a "dark city" and an "illuminated city" and accused the opposition parties of making false promises".
"They (opposition parties) are keen to capture power by fuelling hopes which are going to be dashed in near future. They can bring down the tariff rates by only effecting power cuts of 10 hours or more duration. It is for the public to opt between a dark city and an illuminated city," Dikshit said.
She said her government is sensitive to the needs of the poor and middle class families as it has given relief in power tariff to around 73 per cent households in the city.
"The subsidy given by the government has been increased from Re 1 to Rs 1.20 upto 200 unit consumption and between 201 to 400 units the tariff has been brought down from Rs 5.80 to Rs 5 per unit," she said.
Diskshit said the Food Security Programme is going to help around 75 lakh persons in Delhi.
Inaugurating the work for providing sewerage system in more than 12 unauthorised colonies under Kondli assembly segment, the Chief Minister said that with the commissioning of the sewerage system, around 1.60 lakh persons would benefit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days