Sikar gang-rape victim referred to AIIMS
Jaipur: The 11-year-old girl who was gang-raped in Sikar and has undergone treatment here for over five months, which has included five major surgeries, was on Friday referred to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in New Delhi for specialised treatment.
"The girl was sent to Delhi in an ambulance by road. Five major operations were performed on her but her condition was not improving up to the expectation so it was decided to shift her to the AIIMs," Dr SD Sharma, Superintendent of JK Lone hospital-Jaipur, told PTI.
A medical department spokesperson said the government would bear the expenses of the girl, who was admitted to the hospital in August last year.
The teenager, who hails from Darbhanga in Bihar, came to Sikar with her mother and sisters after her father`s demise. She was kidnapped and gangraped by two men, SP Sikar Gaurav Srivastava said.
They have been arrested and are presently under judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves