Sikar gang-rape victim referred to AIIMS
Jaipur: The 11-year-old girl who was gang-raped in Sikar and has undergone treatment here for over five months, which has included five major surgeries, was on Friday referred to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in New Delhi for specialised treatment.
"The girl was sent to Delhi in an ambulance by road. Five major operations were performed on her but her condition was not improving up to the expectation so it was decided to shift her to the AIIMs," Dr SD Sharma, Superintendent of JK Lone hospital-Jaipur, told PTI.
A medical department spokesperson said the government would bear the expenses of the girl, who was admitted to the hospital in August last year.
The teenager, who hails from Darbhanga in Bihar, came to Sikar with her mother and sisters after her father`s demise. She was kidnapped and gangraped by two men, SP Sikar Gaurav Srivastava said.
They have been arrested and are presently under judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?