Six held for gun-running in Delhi, Haryana
New Delhi: A former constable of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) was among six men arrested here for illegally supplying sophisticated guns in Delhi and Haryana, police said Thursday.
Police arrested former CRPF constable Ravinder Kumar along with three other associates -- Satish Kumar, Jitender and Anil -- in the capital`s Issapur village Tuesday after the car they were travelling in was stopped for checking.
"Six sophisticated weapons have been recovered from their possession," Additional Commissioner of Police Anil Kumar Ojha said.
Police apprehended their two other associates -- Vinod Kumar and Raju -- from Issapur village Wednesday morning.
"They used to procure sophisticated guns from Uttar Pradesh`s Meerut and sell these to buyers in Delhi and Haryana at exorbitant prices," Ojha said.
"Ravinder enrolled in CRPF as a constable in 2009. But he was dismissed after an attempt-to-murder case was registered against him in Haryana. He was working for a businessman as a personal security officer," Ojha added.
Raju, another member of the gang, is an ad hoc municipal employee in Delhi.
"It is yet to be ascertained whether Raju was involved in any criminal activities," the police official said.
According to police, the other four accused were reportedly involved in some petty crimes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'