Son of Finance Ministry clerk murdered
New Delhi: The 23-year-old son of a clerk in the Union Finance Ministry was found murdered inside a shop in west Delhi`s Bawana area on Wednesday morning, police said.
The incident was reported around 10.30 am. The body of Kuldeep, the clerk`s son, was found in a decomposed state inside the closed shop. The shop owner, Praveen, is absconding.
The body was discovered when Praveen`s mother arrived at the shop in search of her son who had not returned home for two days.
"We are yet to ascertain how the victim was killed as the body was found in a decomposed state. The reason behind the murder is under investigation," a police officer said, adding that a hunt was on for Praveen who might be the prime accused in the case.
Kuldeep was a resident of Rohini in northwest Delhi. His family said he had left home on Sunday evening and they were unaware of his whereabouts since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family