Steps will be taken to restart e-rickshaw operations: Gadkari
New Delhi: Union Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari on Friday said that steps will be taken to restart e-rickshaw operations in Delhi after the high court gives its nod.
"The e-rickshaw issue is in the court. We have submitted our suggestions in the court. We have kept the provisions of the Light Motor Vehicle in our mind for the purpose of insurance in the event of an accident... We will be taking steps on commencing the operations of e-rickshaws after the court gives permission for it," he told reporters on the sidelines of a workshop on `Rurban Mission` here.
The high court on July 31 had ordered a ban on plying of e-rickshaws in the national capital, saying they are illegally running on Delhi roads and prima-facie a hazard to other traffic as well citizens.
The ban on e-rickshaws in the city is still continuing as the Delhi High Court on August 5 made it clear that it cannot allow them to ply unless there are guidelines to regulate them and asked the Centre to come up with draft regulations on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof