Stop personal attacks on CM: Dikshit`s adviser to Kejriwal
New Delhi: With Arvind Kejriwal starting an aggressive campaign against Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on a host of issues, her political adviser has asked the Aam Admi Party leader to refrain from making personal attacks which reduce politics to a "cheap gimmick".
In a strongly worded letter to Kejriwal, Pawan Khera asked him not to use language "unbecoming of an educated man" while stating that the AAP leader was free to take a political stand against individuals and policies.
Kejriwal has already announced that he will contest against Dikshit in her New Delhi constituency in the Assembly polls slated for November this year. The AAP leader had also said that if she decides to contest from another seat, then he will also contest from there.
The AAP leader has been attacking Dikshit for steep rise in power tariff in the last two years and had accused her of siding with the private power distribution companies, besides targeting the Delhi government for "widespread corruption".
"In the past too you have used language unbecoming of an educated man against your political rivals. Here we are talking of a lady who has neither responded to your abusive campaign nor has herself indulged in any such malicious campaign.
"While you are free to take a political stand against individuals and policies, kindly refrain from such personal attacks which reduce politics to a cheap gimmick," the letter said.
In his letter, Khera mentioned about the "campaign on the auto-rickshaw" against the government and said it did not reflect a "dignified" political culture.
A section of the auto-rickshaw drivers have been putting advertisements and posters against the government on their auto rickshaws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead