Stopped from public peeing, man kills girl in Delhi
New Delhi: A 17-year-old girl was killed and her mother critically injured after they tried to stop a man from urinating outside their house here, police said Thursday.
"The incident was reported late Wednesday evening at E-Block in Hazrat Nizamuddin of south Delhi," a police officer said.
Sadmani, 40, and her daughter Binno were at their house when their neighbour Javed came and started urinating outside the gate of their house, he said.
"When Sadmani tried to prevent him from the act, the accused allegedly started abusing her. Hearing the commotion, Binno also came outside the house," said the officer.
In the meantime, Javed took out a pistol and opened fire at Sadmani and her daughter. Sadmani received one bullet injury while her daughter received two in her abdomen, the police official said.
Later, Javed fled from the scene, police said.
Both the victims were taken to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) where doctors declared Binno dead on arrival. Binno was studying in Class 11 in a government school in Jangpura.
"We have registered a case and have launched a hunt for Javed," Additional Commissioner of Police Ajay Chaudhary told IANS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi