Stopped from public peeing, man kills girl in Delhi
New Delhi: A 17-year-old girl was killed and her mother critically injured after they tried to stop a man from urinating outside their house here, police said Thursday.
"The incident was reported late Wednesday evening at E-Block in Hazrat Nizamuddin of south Delhi," a police officer said.
Sadmani, 40, and her daughter Binno were at their house when their neighbour Javed came and started urinating outside the gate of their house, he said.
"When Sadmani tried to prevent him from the act, the accused allegedly started abusing her. Hearing the commotion, Binno also came outside the house," said the officer.
In the meantime, Javed took out a pistol and opened fire at Sadmani and her daughter. Sadmani received one bullet injury while her daughter received two in her abdomen, the police official said.
Later, Javed fled from the scene, police said.
Both the victims were taken to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) where doctors declared Binno dead on arrival. Binno was studying in Class 11 in a government school in Jangpura.
"We have registered a case and have launched a hunt for Javed," Additional Commissioner of Police Ajay Chaudhary told IANS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan bans contraceptive advertisements on TV, radio
- Janet Yellen says Fed rate hike likely appropriate in coming months
- Nico Hulkenberg, Sergio Perez provide qualifying boost for Force India
- Indian Premier League 2016 Final: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Sunrisers Hyderabad — Players to watch out for
- Lionel Messi Injury Video: Witness the moment that scared everyone