Stopped from public peeing, man kills girl in Delhi
New Delhi: A 17-year-old girl was killed and her mother critically injured after they tried to stop a man from urinating outside their house here, police said Thursday.
"The incident was reported late Wednesday evening at E-Block in Hazrat Nizamuddin of south Delhi," a police officer said.
Sadmani, 40, and her daughter Binno were at their house when their neighbour Javed came and started urinating outside the gate of their house, he said.
"When Sadmani tried to prevent him from the act, the accused allegedly started abusing her. Hearing the commotion, Binno also came outside the house," said the officer.
In the meantime, Javed took out a pistol and opened fire at Sadmani and her daughter. Sadmani received one bullet injury while her daughter received two in her abdomen, the police official said.
Later, Javed fled from the scene, police said.
Both the victims were taken to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) where doctors declared Binno dead on arrival. Binno was studying in Class 11 in a government school in Jangpura.
"We have registered a case and have launched a hunt for Javed," Additional Commissioner of Police Ajay Chaudhary told IANS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says