‘Sushruta’ deaths: BJP seeks action against negligent officials
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Friday demanded stern action against those responsible for the death of four patients at the Sushruta Trauma Centre.
Addressing a dharna by BJP activists at the Trauma Centre, Delhi BJP president Vijender Gupta said the Delhi government was avoiding judicial enquiry "because if such enquiry is held then the Health Minister shall be directly held responsible and they will have to resign."
He alleged that a departmental enquiry was being held just to cover up the case so that the truth does not come out.
"The head of Sushruta Trauma Centre has neither been suspended nor arrested. Is it justified to arrest only the two innocent employees of the oxygen supplying company?" Gupta pointed.
The agitators also demanded changes in the health services in the capital.
Gupta said BJP would not tolerate the deaths in the hospitals. "Delhi government spent Rs 2,160 crore on medical services, public health and government hospitals in 2010."
He said even after 65 years of Independence, the number of government hospitals in Delhi was only 34 whereas the population has increased to 2.30 crore.
Under attack after the death of four patients at the ICU of a state-run hospital, Delhi government yesterday dismissed two doctors, suspended one and transferred another holding them guilty of failing to perform their assigned duties and take proper care of the patients.
The action came hours after a probe panel submitted its report to the city government on the death of the patients at the ICU of Sushruta Trauma Centre in North Delhi on Tuesday following snapping of oxygen supply.
The government has also terminated contract of the private entity tasked to maintain the oxygen supply system in the hospital, and initiated proceedings to blacklist it, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'