‘Sushruta’ deaths: BJP seeks action against negligent officials
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Friday demanded stern action against those responsible for the death of four patients at the Sushruta Trauma Centre.
Addressing a dharna by BJP activists at the Trauma Centre, Delhi BJP president Vijender Gupta said the Delhi government was avoiding judicial enquiry "because if such enquiry is held then the Health Minister shall be directly held responsible and they will have to resign."
He alleged that a departmental enquiry was being held just to cover up the case so that the truth does not come out.
"The head of Sushruta Trauma Centre has neither been suspended nor arrested. Is it justified to arrest only the two innocent employees of the oxygen supplying company?" Gupta pointed.
The agitators also demanded changes in the health services in the capital.
Gupta said BJP would not tolerate the deaths in the hospitals. "Delhi government spent Rs 2,160 crore on medical services, public health and government hospitals in 2010."
He said even after 65 years of Independence, the number of government hospitals in Delhi was only 34 whereas the population has increased to 2.30 crore.
Under attack after the death of four patients at the ICU of a state-run hospital, Delhi government yesterday dismissed two doctors, suspended one and transferred another holding them guilty of failing to perform their assigned duties and take proper care of the patients.
The action came hours after a probe panel submitted its report to the city government on the death of the patients at the ICU of Sushruta Trauma Centre in North Delhi on Tuesday following snapping of oxygen supply.
The government has also terminated contract of the private entity tasked to maintain the oxygen supply system in the hospital, and initiated proceedings to blacklist it, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`