‘Sushruta’ deaths: BJP seeks action against negligent officials
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Friday demanded stern action against those responsible for the death of four patients at the Sushruta Trauma Centre.
Addressing a dharna by BJP activists at the Trauma Centre, Delhi BJP president Vijender Gupta said the Delhi government was avoiding judicial enquiry "because if such enquiry is held then the Health Minister shall be directly held responsible and they will have to resign."
He alleged that a departmental enquiry was being held just to cover up the case so that the truth does not come out.
"The head of Sushruta Trauma Centre has neither been suspended nor arrested. Is it justified to arrest only the two innocent employees of the oxygen supplying company?" Gupta pointed.
The agitators also demanded changes in the health services in the capital.
Gupta said BJP would not tolerate the deaths in the hospitals. "Delhi government spent Rs 2,160 crore on medical services, public health and government hospitals in 2010."
He said even after 65 years of Independence, the number of government hospitals in Delhi was only 34 whereas the population has increased to 2.30 crore.
Under attack after the death of four patients at the ICU of a state-run hospital, Delhi government yesterday dismissed two doctors, suspended one and transferred another holding them guilty of failing to perform their assigned duties and take proper care of the patients.
The action came hours after a probe panel submitted its report to the city government on the death of the patients at the ICU of Sushruta Trauma Centre in North Delhi on Tuesday following snapping of oxygen supply.
The government has also terminated contract of the private entity tasked to maintain the oxygen supply system in the hospital, and initiated proceedings to blacklist it, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway