‘Sushruta’ deaths: BJP seeks action against negligent officials
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Friday demanded stern action against those responsible for the death of four patients at the Sushruta Trauma Centre.
Addressing a dharna by BJP activists at the Trauma Centre, Delhi BJP president Vijender Gupta said the Delhi government was avoiding judicial enquiry "because if such enquiry is held then the Health Minister shall be directly held responsible and they will have to resign."
He alleged that a departmental enquiry was being held just to cover up the case so that the truth does not come out.
"The head of Sushruta Trauma Centre has neither been suspended nor arrested. Is it justified to arrest only the two innocent employees of the oxygen supplying company?" Gupta pointed.
The agitators also demanded changes in the health services in the capital.
Gupta said BJP would not tolerate the deaths in the hospitals. "Delhi government spent Rs 2,160 crore on medical services, public health and government hospitals in 2010."
He said even after 65 years of Independence, the number of government hospitals in Delhi was only 34 whereas the population has increased to 2.30 crore.
Under attack after the death of four patients at the ICU of a state-run hospital, Delhi government yesterday dismissed two doctors, suspended one and transferred another holding them guilty of failing to perform their assigned duties and take proper care of the patients.
The action came hours after a probe panel submitted its report to the city government on the death of the patients at the ICU of Sushruta Trauma Centre in North Delhi on Tuesday following snapping of oxygen supply.
The government has also terminated contract of the private entity tasked to maintain the oxygen supply system in the hospital, and initiated proceedings to blacklist it, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know