Swelling Yamuna affects services of over 50 trains
New Delhi: Services of over 50 trains were affected due to rising water level in the Yamuna, with Northern Railway suspending train movement on the old bridge from Wednesday.
The movement of trains over the Yamuna bridge between Delhi and Shahadara has been suspended from 12 noon till further notice, a senior Northern Railway official said, adding that "however, EMU local trains are being allowed to run as per schedule."
While Shamli passenger train and Saharanpur-Farukhnagar Express have been cancelled, services of 15 trains were short terminated due to the flood situation.
Northern Railway has diverted about 38 trains, including Kalka Mail, Tata-Amritsar-Jammu Tawi Express and Haridwar- Ajmer Express, because of rising water level in the Yamuna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what