Tandoor murder case: Sharma`s love for wife strengthened murder case against him, says SC
New Delhi: Former Youth Congress leader Sushil Sharma`s love for his wife Naina Sahni strengthened the case against him of killing her because of his possessiveness and suspected infidelity, the Supreme Court said on Tuesday.
The court, while commuting the death sentence of Sharma to life imprisonment, said the evidence on record showed that he was extremely possessive of his wife and murdered her as he was suspecting her fidelity.
A bench headed by Chief Justice P Sathasivam turned down Sharma`s plea that he cannot killed Sahni as he was deeply in love with his wife.
"In our opinion, the appellant`s love for the deceased does not dilute the prosecution case on motive. In fact, it strengthens it," the bench said.
"It appears that the appellant was extremely possessive of the deceased. The evidence on record shows that the appellant suspected her fidelity and the murder was the result of this possessiveness," the bench said.
The court noted that even after getting married to Sharma, Sahni was still in touch with one Matloob Karim with whom she had an affair before the marriage which resulted in strained relationship between the couple.
"The evidence on record establishes that they were living together and were married but unfortunately, it appears that the deceased was still in touch with Matloob Karim," the bench said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical