Temperature drops by 10 degrees in Delhi after rains
New Delhi: Throwing a pleasant surprise, strong winds and light showers lashed the national capital today evening and pulled down the mercury by about ten notches in this peak summer season.
"0.2 mm rain was recorded in the national capital between 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM. Temperature was recorded at 29 degree Celsius at 8:30 PM, a big slump from 38.6 deg C which was recorded during the day," according to Meteorological department.
Earlier in the day, temperature remained at comfortable level as the Sun played hide and seek and mercury hovered below 40 deg C mark.
According to MeT department, the day temperature was recorded at 38.6 deg C which was one point below normal for this part of the year.
The minimum temperature also settled at two degree below normal at 23 deg C.
Around 0.2 mm rain was also recorded in the national capital between 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM in the evening.
Humidity was measured between 29 to 71 per cent.
Weatherman has predicted similar weather conditions tomorrow, as partly cloudy sky, very light rains and thundery conditions are expected in some areas.
The maximum temperature is expected to remain around 38 deg C while the minimum may settle around 22 deg C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof