Toddler dies after being mauled by a dog
New Delhi: A one-year-old toddler died after she was mauled by a dog which was let off by her neighbour in East Delhi`s Kondli locality, police said Wednesday.
According to police, the incident happened last evening, when the baby girl`s neighbour Ravi Solanki took her from her mother, Chitra Gupta, with him to play.
When the toddler, Dhanalakshmi, was playing with Solanki, another neighbour Rajat came there along with his dog, a senior police official said.
Rajat unleashed his dog on Solanki to frighten him but the canine attacked the girl and took her away.
"The dog dragged the girl on the street and was finally rescued by the people in the neighbourhood. She was taken to a hospital where she succumbed to her injuries," the official said, adding a case has been registered and the accused would be arrested soon.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India