Toddler dies after being mauled by a dog
New Delhi: A one-year-old toddler died after she was mauled by a dog which was let off by her neighbour in East Delhi`s Kondli locality, police said Wednesday.
According to police, the incident happened last evening, when the baby girl`s neighbour Ravi Solanki took her from her mother, Chitra Gupta, with him to play.
When the toddler, Dhanalakshmi, was playing with Solanki, another neighbour Rajat came there along with his dog, a senior police official said.
Rajat unleashed his dog on Solanki to frighten him but the canine attacked the girl and took her away.
"The dog dragged the girl on the street and was finally rescued by the people in the neighbourhood. She was taken to a hospital where she succumbed to her injuries," the official said, adding a case has been registered and the accused would be arrested soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon