Toddler dies after being mauled by a dog
New Delhi: A one-year-old toddler died after she was mauled by a dog which was let off by her neighbour in East Delhi`s Kondli locality, police said Wednesday.
According to police, the incident happened last evening, when the baby girl`s neighbour Ravi Solanki took her from her mother, Chitra Gupta, with him to play.
When the toddler, Dhanalakshmi, was playing with Solanki, another neighbour Rajat came there along with his dog, a senior police official said.
Rajat unleashed his dog on Solanki to frighten him but the canine attacked the girl and took her away.
"The dog dragged the girl on the street and was finally rescued by the people in the neighbourhood. She was taken to a hospital where she succumbed to her injuries," the official said, adding a case has been registered and the accused would be arrested soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!