Traces of rain bring slight relief for Delhiites
New Delhi: Traces of rain and strong winds that blew last night brought down the temperatures by a few notches in the capital today, giving some relief to residents from intense heat.
The maximum temperature today was recorded at 44.2 degrees Celsius, which is two degrees above normal, yet two degrees less than yesterday`s maximum of 44.2.
The weather department said a western disturbance was responsible for the dust storm and light rain that hit the capital.
Following the strong winds, the minimum temperature came down to 29.7 degrees last night.
The city also received traces of rain during the night hours.
The weather officials have predicted another round of rain or thunderstorm over the next 24 hours.
An intense heat wave had scorched the capital over the past few days. On June 1, Delhi recorded a maximum of 44.4 degrees Celsius, and a minimum of 34.3 degrees, the highest of the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city