Two die in fire caused by cylinder blast
New Delhi: A 65-year-old woman and a
teenager were charred to death while three others, including a
four-month-old girl, suffered injuries here on Thursday when a
cylinder exploded in a building which houses their residence
and a socks manufacturing unit.
The deceased have been identified as Ramvati and Kuldeep
(18). Kuldeep who lost his life while attempting to save the
The blaze was reported from the three-storied building
in Shastri Nagar locality in Sarai Rohilla around 5.15 am and
11 fire tenders were rushed to the spot which doused the
flames after around two-and-half hours.
The cause of the fire is attributed to the explosion of a
small cylinder in the building. The fire had spread to all
floors of the building.
Ramvati`s son Ram Saran (25), his wife Mamta (22), Nanhi
(four months) and house owner Raju were in the building when
the fire broke out.
Ram Saran escaped without injuries while the other three
suffered minor burn injuries. All of them were rushed to a
nearby hospital where Ramvati and Kuldeep, Ram Saran`s
brother-in-law, were declared brought dead.
"Kuldeep was trying to save Ramvati but both were charred
to death," a senior fire brigade official said.
A case has been registered in connection with the
incident and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test