Two held for attempted murder in Janakpuri
New Delhi: An engineering graduate allegedly opened fire at a person after a minor provocation in Janakpuri area of West Delhi, police said on Monday.
According to the police, Nitesh Kumar Yadav, who is a B Tech pass out from Delhi College of Engineering and an electrician have been arrested for the assault.
Yadav used his father`s pistol to fire at one Jagrat on Saturday night.
"Jagrat in his complaint has alleged that he, along with his friends, was standing near a market in Janakpuri. While the two accused were eating near Jagrat`s car. Nitesh Yadav called Jagrat as they were speaking loudly and when he ignored, the accused opened fire on them," a senior police official said.
Fortunately, he escaped unhurt and made a call to police.
Subsequently the duo were arrested and pistol used in the crime along with three live cartridges were recovered from them.
The second accused, Love alias Lakshay, 19, has been working at an electric shop in Sagar Pur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje