Two held for attempted murder in Janakpuri
New Delhi: An engineering graduate allegedly opened fire at a person after a minor provocation in Janakpuri area of West Delhi, police said on Monday.
According to the police, Nitesh Kumar Yadav, who is a B Tech pass out from Delhi College of Engineering and an electrician have been arrested for the assault.
Yadav used his father`s pistol to fire at one Jagrat on Saturday night.
"Jagrat in his complaint has alleged that he, along with his friends, was standing near a market in Janakpuri. While the two accused were eating near Jagrat`s car. Nitesh Yadav called Jagrat as they were speaking loudly and when he ignored, the accused opened fire on them," a senior police official said.
Fortunately, he escaped unhurt and made a call to police.
Subsequently the duo were arrested and pistol used in the crime along with three live cartridges were recovered from them.
The second accused, Love alias Lakshay, 19, has been working at an electric shop in Sagar Pur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you