Two held for attempted murder in Janakpuri
New Delhi: An engineering graduate allegedly opened fire at a person after a minor provocation in Janakpuri area of West Delhi, police said on Monday.
According to the police, Nitesh Kumar Yadav, who is a B Tech pass out from Delhi College of Engineering and an electrician have been arrested for the assault.
Yadav used his father`s pistol to fire at one Jagrat on Saturday night.
"Jagrat in his complaint has alleged that he, along with his friends, was standing near a market in Janakpuri. While the two accused were eating near Jagrat`s car. Nitesh Yadav called Jagrat as they were speaking loudly and when he ignored, the accused opened fire on them," a senior police official said.
Fortunately, he escaped unhurt and made a call to police.
Subsequently the duo were arrested and pistol used in the crime along with three live cartridges were recovered from them.
The second accused, Love alias Lakshay, 19, has been working at an electric shop in Sagar Pur.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Grenade attack on police post in J&K's Anantnag, security tightened
- World Immunisation Week: Narendra Modi government proactive, Mission Indradhanush good initiative - Praises from Gavi CEO
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, Amrita Arora's boxing session will give you fitness goals! – See pictures
- Sourav Ganguly bats for Salman Khan, says actor will bring in visibility to Rio Olympics as Indian contingent's Goodwill Ambassador
- Economy may expand by 7.8% in 2017-18: UN report