Two held for attempted murder in Janakpuri
New Delhi: An engineering graduate allegedly opened fire at a person after a minor provocation in Janakpuri area of West Delhi, police said on Monday.
According to the police, Nitesh Kumar Yadav, who is a B Tech pass out from Delhi College of Engineering and an electrician have been arrested for the assault.
Yadav used his father`s pistol to fire at one Jagrat on Saturday night.
"Jagrat in his complaint has alleged that he, along with his friends, was standing near a market in Janakpuri. While the two accused were eating near Jagrat`s car. Nitesh Yadav called Jagrat as they were speaking loudly and when he ignored, the accused opened fire on them," a senior police official said.
Fortunately, he escaped unhurt and made a call to police.
Subsequently the duo were arrested and pistol used in the crime along with three live cartridges were recovered from them.
The second accused, Love alias Lakshay, 19, has been working at an electric shop in Sagar Pur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership