Two inmates to work at Tihar Haat from this week
New Delhi: With the inauguration of a semi-
open jail facility in its correctional centre, Tihar Prisons
will now allow two convicts to work outside the jail premises
from this week.
The inmates will start working in the Tihar Haat, a
shopping store of Tihar-manufactured products at Hari Nagar.
"We will make the semi-open jail facility functional from
this week. Two eligible convicts will be allowed to work in
Tihar Haat, which is outside the boundaries of the Tihar
Prisons on trial basis. They will work there from 9 AM to 5 PM
and then come back to their respective cells during the night
time," Spokesperson of Tihar Prisons, Sunil Gupta said.
Anil (35) and Devi Dayal (42), the two inmates selected
for the task, have already served almost 75 per cent of their
"Both have earned their three parole and three furloughs
during the course of their imprisonment, which is an essential
criteria to be eligible to get the facility. They have also
shown good conduct in the past years and are well
disciplined," Gupta said.
"The duo are not habitual offenders and both have also
furnished a surety to the tune of Rs 10,000 with the prisons
and will abide by the work code and not skip work."
He added, "If this trial is successful and the results
are positive, by the end of the year at least 50 convicts will
be selected for the same."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday