Two minor girls raped in three days in Delhi
New Delhi: Two minor girls were raped in separate incidents in the national capital in the past three days, police said on Sunday.
In the first incident, a 15-year-old girl was abducted and raped allegedly by two persons on knife-point in Samaipur Badli on Friday.
The incident came to light yesterday when the parents of the girl approached police.
The victim, who was taken to a government hospital for medical examination which confirmed rape, told police that Rinku and Vinod abducted her from near her house and took her to a secluded area where they allegedly raped her.
Rinku was arrested while Vinod is on the run.
In the second incident, an 11-year-old girl was raped allegedly by a 22-year-old neighbour in her house in Shahbad Dairy this afternoon.
The victim was alone at her home when Pawan barged into the room and allegedly sexually assaulted her.
Hearing her cries, neighbours rushed to her home and caught Pawan. He was beaten up and handed over to police.
Barely four months after the outcry against the December 16 gangrape incident, the national capital is witnessing fresh protests over the rape and brutal assault on a five-year-old girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state