Two minor girls raped in three days in Delhi
New Delhi: Two minor girls were raped in separate incidents in the national capital in the past three days, police said on Sunday.
In the first incident, a 15-year-old girl was abducted and raped allegedly by two persons on knife-point in Samaipur Badli on Friday.
The incident came to light yesterday when the parents of the girl approached police.
The victim, who was taken to a government hospital for medical examination which confirmed rape, told police that Rinku and Vinod abducted her from near her house and took her to a secluded area where they allegedly raped her.
Rinku was arrested while Vinod is on the run.
In the second incident, an 11-year-old girl was raped allegedly by a 22-year-old neighbour in her house in Shahbad Dairy this afternoon.
The victim was alone at her home when Pawan barged into the room and allegedly sexually assaulted her.
Hearing her cries, neighbours rushed to her home and caught Pawan. He was beaten up and handed over to police.
Barely four months after the outcry against the December 16 gangrape incident, the national capital is witnessing fresh protests over the rape and brutal assault on a five-year-old girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Ind vs WI: Day 5 washed out, Virat Kohli & co win series 2-0 but lose top ranking
- John Kerry urges deployment of South Sudan protection force
- BSF troops deployed in J&K after 12 years
- Authorities initiate action to evict Payal Abdullah from J&K govt bungalow in Delhi
- Assam tribal bodies against grant of ST status to 6 communities