Two minor girls raped in three days in Delhi
New Delhi: Two minor girls were raped in separate incidents in the national capital in the past three days, police said on Sunday.
In the first incident, a 15-year-old girl was abducted and raped allegedly by two persons on knife-point in Samaipur Badli on Friday.
The incident came to light yesterday when the parents of the girl approached police.
The victim, who was taken to a government hospital for medical examination which confirmed rape, told police that Rinku and Vinod abducted her from near her house and took her to a secluded area where they allegedly raped her.
Rinku was arrested while Vinod is on the run.
In the second incident, an 11-year-old girl was raped allegedly by a 22-year-old neighbour in her house in Shahbad Dairy this afternoon.
The victim was alone at her home when Pawan barged into the room and allegedly sexually assaulted her.
Hearing her cries, neighbours rushed to her home and caught Pawan. He was beaten up and handed over to police.
Barely four months after the outcry against the December 16 gangrape incident, the national capital is witnessing fresh protests over the rape and brutal assault on a five-year-old girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren