Two minor girls raped in three days in Delhi
New Delhi: Two minor girls were raped in separate incidents in the national capital in the past three days, police said on Sunday.
In the first incident, a 15-year-old girl was abducted and raped allegedly by two persons on knife-point in Samaipur Badli on Friday.
The incident came to light yesterday when the parents of the girl approached police.
The victim, who was taken to a government hospital for medical examination which confirmed rape, told police that Rinku and Vinod abducted her from near her house and took her to a secluded area where they allegedly raped her.
Rinku was arrested while Vinod is on the run.
In the second incident, an 11-year-old girl was raped allegedly by a 22-year-old neighbour in her house in Shahbad Dairy this afternoon.
The victim was alone at her home when Pawan barged into the room and allegedly sexually assaulted her.
Hearing her cries, neighbours rushed to her home and caught Pawan. He was beaten up and handed over to police.
Barely four months after the outcry against the December 16 gangrape incident, the national capital is witnessing fresh protests over the rape and brutal assault on a five-year-old girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi