Two more held in Delhi ATM heist of Rs 5.5 cr
New Delhi: Two persons allegedly involved in the Defence Colony heist of Rs 5.5 crore in September were nabbed here, taking the number of arrests in the high-profile case to 14, police said on Sunday.
The arrested persons Ram Singh (30) and Ajay (32) had allegedly made cash transactions on behalf of absconding Yogesh, who is allegedly involved in the incident, Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) Chhaya Sharma said.
The duo are close friends of Yogesh and Rs 13.5 lakh and relevant documents were recovered allegedly from them.
The gang had waylaid the cash van on September 28, pinned down a security guard and shot him after he tried to snatch their weapons. They fled in the cash van leaving behind the car in which they were following the vehicle. The guard later succumbed to the bullet wound.
"We have so far recovered Rs 4.09 crore, a vehicle and some jewellery purchased out of robbed money," Sharma said.
The duo told police that they received around Rs 25 lakh from Yogesh for investment on his behalf in property. They were arrested on Friday.
"Yogesh has distributed his share of booty to his relations and friends before he escaped from Delhi and took shelter in small villages of Mainpuri district of Uttar Pradesh," she said.
"It has emerged that Yogesh might have delivered some cash - around Rs 50 lakh (not recovered so far) - to his friends before leaving Delhi without even giving description of the contents of bag to them. The cash may still be in their possession," she said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata