Two youths given life term for robbery-cum-murder
New Delhi: Two youths, held guilty on basis of circumstantial evidence of robbing and killing a man have been sentenced to life imprisonment by a Delhi court.
While sentencing Mohammad Alam, 24 and Mohammad Iqhlak, 22 for murdering 30-year-old Satish, Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) Virender Kumar Goyal referred their third accomplice, a juvenile on the day of commission of the crime, to Juvenile Justice Board for separate sentencing.
"The offences committed has caused a huge loss to the family of the deceased, who was.. also an earning member of the family. Due to his murder, his family has also suffered a lot and lost the love and affection," ASJ Goyal said, while awarding the duo 10 years in jail for robbery and life term for murder. The two sentences will run concurrently.
The prosecution case dated back to March 20, 2010 when Satish had gone to a tent house for booking a generator, but went missing. His body was recovered after two days.
The police had worked out the blind murder case on secret information and arrested the trio, then working at a factory, and recovered from them various belongings, like mobile phone, wrist watch etc of the victim.
Convicting the trio, ASJ Goyal said that the prosecution has been able to complete the chain of circumstantial evidence against accused persons to the extent that mobile phone of Satish was recovered from accused Alam and his wrist watch was recovered from possession of juvenile for which no explanation has been given by the accused.
"Similarly, no explanation has been given by Alam about the possession of Mobile phone," the court said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi