VC holds student durbar amid protests
New Delhi: Delhi University Vice Chancellor Dinesh Singh Thursday heard grievances from students over a range of issues including the cases of "special chance" even as a group of students held a protest against the varsity administration.
A group of students gathered for a protest this afternoon to demonstrate against a number of issues including problems with evaluation and revaluation and the semester system among other things.
Tempers flared after Academic Council`s standing committee rejected all 25 cases of "special chances" which the Delhi High Court earlier this week had recommended to the panel to be "reconsidered".
As the Vice Chancellor held a `special durbar` to listen to the problems of the students, protesters gathered outside the venue to protest the denial of special chance to students to clear their degrees in extraordinary situations.
The students led by DUSU President Arun Hooda then entered the venue and spoke to the Vice Chancellor to demand that the varsity consider their plea for another chance to clear their exams.
The Vice Chancellor later assured that the 25 cases were rejected in their present form as the documents were insufficient and will be reconsidered later.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India