VC holds student durbar amid protests
New Delhi: Delhi University Vice Chancellor Dinesh Singh Thursday heard grievances from students over a range of issues including the cases of "special chance" even as a group of students held a protest against the varsity administration.
A group of students gathered for a protest this afternoon to demonstrate against a number of issues including problems with evaluation and revaluation and the semester system among other things.
Tempers flared after Academic Council`s standing committee rejected all 25 cases of "special chances" which the Delhi High Court earlier this week had recommended to the panel to be "reconsidered".
As the Vice Chancellor held a `special durbar` to listen to the problems of the students, protesters gathered outside the venue to protest the denial of special chance to students to clear their degrees in extraordinary situations.
The students led by DUSU President Arun Hooda then entered the venue and spoke to the Vice Chancellor to demand that the varsity consider their plea for another chance to clear their exams.
The Vice Chancellor later assured that the 25 cases were rejected in their present form as the documents were insufficient and will be reconsidered later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez