VC holds student durbar amid protests
New Delhi: Delhi University Vice Chancellor Dinesh Singh Thursday heard grievances from students over a range of issues including the cases of "special chance" even as a group of students held a protest against the varsity administration.
A group of students gathered for a protest this afternoon to demonstrate against a number of issues including problems with evaluation and revaluation and the semester system among other things.
Tempers flared after Academic Council`s standing committee rejected all 25 cases of "special chances" which the Delhi High Court earlier this week had recommended to the panel to be "reconsidered".
As the Vice Chancellor held a `special durbar` to listen to the problems of the students, protesters gathered outside the venue to protest the denial of special chance to students to clear their degrees in extraordinary situations.
The students led by DUSU President Arun Hooda then entered the venue and spoke to the Vice Chancellor to demand that the varsity consider their plea for another chance to clear their exams.
The Vice Chancellor later assured that the 25 cases were rejected in their present form as the documents were insufficient and will be reconsidered later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok