Veteran CPI(M) leader Pandhe cremated
New Delhi: Veteran trade unionist and CPI(M)
Politburo member Madhukar Kashinath Pandhe, who died of
cardiac arrest on Saturday, was cremated here today with
thousands of people paying homage to him.
Pandhe, who was 86, died in the wee hours yesterday at
Ram Manohar Lohia hospital after he was admitted there.
The veteran leader`s body was first kept at the CITU
headquarters where thousands of labourers from various PSUs
paid homage to him.
Later, his body was taken to the CPI(M) headquarters in
central Delhi where party top brass and cadres paid rich
tributes to the leader.
Born on July 11, 1925 at Pune, he joined the Communist
Party in 1943. He completed his post-graduation from Pune
University from where he earned a doctorate from the Gokhale
Institute of Politics and Economics.
Pandhe, who was the Secretary of the Sholapur City
Committee of the CPI, later took an active part in the Goa
Top management representatives of Defence PSUs, and
others like NTPC, BHEL, Coal India and other PSUs were also
RSP`s Abani Roy, CPI`s A B Bardhan and Gurudas Dasgupta
and Biswas of Forward Bloc and CPI(M) leaders Prakash Karat,
Brinda Karat, Sitaram yechury, Pinnarayi Vijayan and others
also paid tributes to Pandhe.
The body was cremated at the Lodhi Road crematorium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi