Walia asks agencies to improve look on walled city before CWG
New Delhi: With just 16 days left for the
Commonwealth Games and the historic walled city still donning
a shoddy look, Delhi Government today directed the agencies
concerned to complete the upgrading works in the areas on
Finance Minister A K Walia, chairing a meeting of top
officials of MCD, Delhi Jal Board, PWD and power distribution
companies, directed them to accomplish their assigned works as
soon as possible.
Walia directed Shahjahanabad Development Board to make
serious efforts to improve the image of the Chandni Chowk
area. The Board was formed to redevelop and improve basic
infrastructure in the old Delhi areas.
Representatives of traders` associations present in the
meeting were told to put up uniform sign boards to ensure a
better image of the area.
The agencies concerned were also asked to remove the
hanging electricity wires in the areas.
"The walled city area will be visited by the tourists
and it is very important to improve the look of the area
before the sporting event," Walia said.
The Minister also directed the agencies to improve the
drainage system in the area within 10 days. Walia exhorted the
traders` representatives to make sincere efforts to make the
area more attractive and beautiful before the Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark