Walia asks agencies to improve look on walled city before CWG
New Delhi: With just 16 days left for the
Commonwealth Games and the historic walled city still donning
a shoddy look, Delhi Government today directed the agencies
concerned to complete the upgrading works in the areas on
Finance Minister A K Walia, chairing a meeting of top
officials of MCD, Delhi Jal Board, PWD and power distribution
companies, directed them to accomplish their assigned works as
soon as possible.
Walia directed Shahjahanabad Development Board to make
serious efforts to improve the image of the Chandni Chowk
area. The Board was formed to redevelop and improve basic
infrastructure in the old Delhi areas.
Representatives of traders` associations present in the
meeting were told to put up uniform sign boards to ensure a
better image of the area.
The agencies concerned were also asked to remove the
hanging electricity wires in the areas.
"The walled city area will be visited by the tourists
and it is very important to improve the look of the area
before the sporting event," Walia said.
The Minister also directed the agencies to improve the
drainage system in the area within 10 days. Walia exhorted the
traders` representatives to make sincere efforts to make the
area more attractive and beautiful before the Games.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India