Walia asks Commissioner for a probe into Manipuri girl`s death
New Delhi: Delhi`s Social Welfare, Women and Child Development Minister Kiran Walia on Monday sought personal intervention of Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar in the death of a Manipuri girl under mysterious circumstances in the national capital about a week ago.
She said tempers were running high among the youth from North East residing in Delhi and there was a need to instill confidence in them regarding safety of single women staying in rented accommodation.
The 21-year-old Reingamphy Awungashi, who hailed from Manipur`s Ukhrul district, was found dead under mysterious circumstances in her rented house at Chirag Dilli near Malviya Nagar on May 29.
Walia ordered formation of a medical board of senior doctors for a second post-mortem examination and video recording of the post mortem examination.
Expressing concern over the status of probe, Walia wrote a letter to Kumar asking him to apprise her of the developments of the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!