Walia asks Commissioner for a probe into Manipuri girl`s death
New Delhi: Delhi`s Social Welfare, Women and Child Development Minister Kiran Walia on Monday sought personal intervention of Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar in the death of a Manipuri girl under mysterious circumstances in the national capital about a week ago.
She said tempers were running high among the youth from North East residing in Delhi and there was a need to instill confidence in them regarding safety of single women staying in rented accommodation.
The 21-year-old Reingamphy Awungashi, who hailed from Manipur`s Ukhrul district, was found dead under mysterious circumstances in her rented house at Chirag Dilli near Malviya Nagar on May 29.
Walia ordered formation of a medical board of senior doctors for a second post-mortem examination and video recording of the post mortem examination.
Expressing concern over the status of probe, Walia wrote a letter to Kumar asking him to apprise her of the developments of the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Congress' '27 saal, UP behaal' yatra reaches Amethi
- Centre trying to run Delhi indirectly, says Sisodia
- Rio Olympics fallout: OP Jaisha alleges official apathy, AFI refutes charge
- Wriddhiman Saha, Ravichandran Ashwin biggest positives in this series: Virat Kohli
- Can't yet verify if wedding bomber was child or linked to Islamic State: Turkish PM