Walia asks Commissioner for a probe into Manipuri girl`s death
New Delhi: Delhi`s Social Welfare, Women and Child Development Minister Kiran Walia on Monday sought personal intervention of Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar in the death of a Manipuri girl under mysterious circumstances in the national capital about a week ago.
She said tempers were running high among the youth from North East residing in Delhi and there was a need to instill confidence in them regarding safety of single women staying in rented accommodation.
The 21-year-old Reingamphy Awungashi, who hailed from Manipur`s Ukhrul district, was found dead under mysterious circumstances in her rented house at Chirag Dilli near Malviya Nagar on May 29.
Walia ordered formation of a medical board of senior doctors for a second post-mortem examination and video recording of the post mortem examination.
Expressing concern over the status of probe, Walia wrote a letter to Kumar asking him to apprise her of the developments of the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!