Woman alleges gang-rape in South Delhi
New Delhi: A 22-year-old woman accused five people, including two of her brothers-in-law, of raping her in south Delhi, police said Wednesday.
In her complaint to police, the young woman alleged that she was gang-raped by the five men near gate No. 4 of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences late Tuesday night.
The three others involved in the crime were friends of her brothers-in-law, police said.
The accused have all been arrested.
According to the woman, a resident of RK Puram, the men came to meet her husband for some personal work Tuesday night.
The woman said her husband was not at home at the time, but when she returned to her house, she found the men drinking alcohol there.
"She left to go elsewhere, but the men overpowered her and took her to an empty plot," a police official said, quoting victim`s complaint.
"They snatched her bag and took turns to rape her. The victim somehow fled and sought help from a passerby who made a call to the police control room," the official said.
"She was rushed to AIIMS Trauma Centre for medical examination. Her medical examination confirmed gang-rape," the officer said, quoting the victim`s complaint.
On the basis of her statement, the police officer said, a case of gang-rape was registered.
The accused were arrested after late-night raids, and presented before a magistrate who sent the five to judicial custody for 14 days, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!