Woman attempts suicide by jumping before Metro
New Delhi: A 28-year-old woman, who was believed to be mentally disturbed, on Thursday allegedly attempted suicide by jumping before a moving train at a Metro station in east Delhi.
The woman was rushed to a GTB Hospital in Dilshad Garden in east Delhi where doctors amputated both her legs.
The woman, who resides in Dilshad Garden, was waiting for a Metro train at Welcome station at the very beginning of the platform and CCTV could not capture her image.
As the train approached the platform, the woman jumped before the train but the driver applied emergency brakes.
The woman was immediately taken off the platform and rushed to the hospital with severe injuries to her leg, sources said.
The incident around noon led to delay in services on the Line 1 (Dilshad Garden to Rithala).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Quake brings down buildings in central Italy, at least six believed killed
- Work on 'Padmavati' sets in full swing, shoot begins in September
- Japan, China, South Korea agree to urge North Korea to stop provocation
- Venus-Jupiter conjunction on August 27: Viewing tips! (Watch)
- Staying at budget hotels in Delhi to soon become cheaper