Woman killed as car hits her
New Delhi: A 28-year-old pregnant woman was killed when a car rammed into her near Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) on Saturday morning.
The incident took place near the main gate of the university at around 9.30 am and the deceased has been identified as Chandni.
The car driver was trying to save a young boy, who suddenly came in front of the vehicle, when he rammed into a divider and hit Chandni.
She was rushed to AIIMS where she was pronounced brought dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?