Yojana Bhawan becomes a fortress on Modi`s visit
New Delhi: Planning Commission office today became a fortress ahead of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s visit to discuss the state plan with Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia.
The Delhi police took over the security of Yojana Bhawan, which houses the Planning Commission, and sealed all entry and exit points. A heavy police force was deployed in and around the premises.
Even accredited media persons were denied entry to cover Modi`s visit to the Planning Commission. "Only still photographers will be allowed around 3.15PM. A press briefing will be organised after the completion of the meeting for the video and PIB accredited journalists," an official spokesperson told over the phone.
Modi`s visit assumes significance as he has been anointed as the chairman of BJP`s election campaign committee for the 2014 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!