Yojana Bhawan becomes a fortress on Modi`s visit
New Delhi: Planning Commission office today became a fortress ahead of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s visit to discuss the state plan with Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia.
The Delhi police took over the security of Yojana Bhawan, which houses the Planning Commission, and sealed all entry and exit points. A heavy police force was deployed in and around the premises.
Even accredited media persons were denied entry to cover Modi`s visit to the Planning Commission. "Only still photographers will be allowed around 3.15PM. A press briefing will be organised after the completion of the meeting for the video and PIB accredited journalists," an official spokesperson told over the phone.
Modi`s visit assumes significance as he has been anointed as the chairman of BJP`s election campaign committee for the 2014 general elections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij