Yojana Bhawan becomes a fortress on Modi`s visit
New Delhi: Planning Commission office today became a fortress ahead of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s visit to discuss the state plan with Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia.
The Delhi police took over the security of Yojana Bhawan, which houses the Planning Commission, and sealed all entry and exit points. A heavy police force was deployed in and around the premises.
Even accredited media persons were denied entry to cover Modi`s visit to the Planning Commission. "Only still photographers will be allowed around 3.15PM. A press briefing will be organised after the completion of the meeting for the video and PIB accredited journalists," an official spokesperson told over the phone.
Modi`s visit assumes significance as he has been anointed as the chairman of BJP`s election campaign committee for the 2014 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy