Yojana Bhawan becomes a fortress on Modi`s visit
New Delhi: Planning Commission office today became a fortress ahead of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s visit to discuss the state plan with Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia.
The Delhi police took over the security of Yojana Bhawan, which houses the Planning Commission, and sealed all entry and exit points. A heavy police force was deployed in and around the premises.
Even accredited media persons were denied entry to cover Modi`s visit to the Planning Commission. "Only still photographers will be allowed around 3.15PM. A press briefing will be organised after the completion of the meeting for the video and PIB accredited journalists," an official spokesperson told over the phone.
Modi`s visit assumes significance as he has been anointed as the chairman of BJP`s election campaign committee for the 2014 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand