Youth arrested for gang rape in Delhi
New Delhi: A 20-year-old youth has been arrested in connection with the gang rape of a minor girl in the capital, police said Wednesday.
Gandharva alias Roli was arrested from west Delhi`s Prashant Vihar area for sexually assaulting the victim on Aug 18 along with another youth, Deepak, who is untraced and on the run.
"The victim was abducted by the accused from Prashant Vihar market and sexually assaulted in their car," a police official said.
Her friends were also thrashed by the duo when they tried to resist the abduction, the official added.
The girl said the attackers were known to her.
After committing the crime, the girl was dumped near Rani Bagh police station in north Delhi, police said.
"On the basis of victim`s complaint and her medical examination, a case was registered," a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...