Youth arrested for gang rape in Delhi
New Delhi: A 20-year-old youth has been arrested in connection with the gang rape of a minor girl in the capital, police said Wednesday.
Gandharva alias Roli was arrested from west Delhi`s Prashant Vihar area for sexually assaulting the victim on Aug 18 along with another youth, Deepak, who is untraced and on the run.
"The victim was abducted by the accused from Prashant Vihar market and sexually assaulted in their car," a police official said.
Her friends were also thrashed by the duo when they tried to resist the abduction, the official added.
The girl said the attackers were known to her.
After committing the crime, the girl was dumped near Rani Bagh police station in north Delhi, police said.
"On the basis of victim`s complaint and her medical examination, a case was registered," a police official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'