Youth arrested for gang rape in Delhi
New Delhi: A 20-year-old youth has been arrested in connection with the gang rape of a minor girl in the capital, police said Wednesday.
Gandharva alias Roli was arrested from west Delhi`s Prashant Vihar area for sexually assaulting the victim on Aug 18 along with another youth, Deepak, who is untraced and on the run.
"The victim was abducted by the accused from Prashant Vihar market and sexually assaulted in their car," a police official said.
Her friends were also thrashed by the duo when they tried to resist the abduction, the official added.
The girl said the attackers were known to her.
After committing the crime, the girl was dumped near Rani Bagh police station in north Delhi, police said.
"On the basis of victim`s complaint and her medical examination, a case was registered," a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley