Youth arrested for gang rape in Delhi
New Delhi: A 20-year-old youth has been arrested in connection with the gang rape of a minor girl in the capital, police said Wednesday.
Gandharva alias Roli was arrested from west Delhi`s Prashant Vihar area for sexually assaulting the victim on Aug 18 along with another youth, Deepak, who is untraced and on the run.
"The victim was abducted by the accused from Prashant Vihar market and sexually assaulted in their car," a police official said.
Her friends were also thrashed by the duo when they tried to resist the abduction, the official added.
The girl said the attackers were known to her.
After committing the crime, the girl was dumped near Rani Bagh police station in north Delhi, police said.
"On the basis of victim`s complaint and her medical examination, a case was registered," a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam