Youth arrested for gang rape in Delhi
New Delhi: A 20-year-old youth has been arrested in connection with the gang rape of a minor girl in the capital, police said Wednesday.
Gandharva alias Roli was arrested from west Delhi`s Prashant Vihar area for sexually assaulting the victim on Aug 18 along with another youth, Deepak, who is untraced and on the run.
"The victim was abducted by the accused from Prashant Vihar market and sexually assaulted in their car," a police official said.
Her friends were also thrashed by the duo when they tried to resist the abduction, the official added.
The girl said the attackers were known to her.
After committing the crime, the girl was dumped near Rani Bagh police station in north Delhi, police said.
"On the basis of victim`s complaint and her medical examination, a case was registered," a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!