Youth given life term for stabbing train passenger
New Delhi: A youth has been sentenced to life term by a Delhi court for stabbing a train passenger here to death while robbing him of his belongings at knife point.
The court convicted Delhi resident Dil Bahar, 25, for killing the victim and injuring his friend while robbing them.
"I have no hesitation in concluding that the offence punishable under section 302 (murder) of the IPC is proved to have been committed by accused Dil Bahar beyond the shadow of reasonable doubt and he is liable to be convicted for the said offence," Additional Sessions Judge Kaweri Baweja said.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 15,000 on Bahar.
According to the prosecution, the incident took place on November 4, 2009, when victim Rakesh Kumar along with a friend was coming to Delhi in a train from Uttar Pradesh. They had to board another train from Nizamuddin Station to Banglore for their recruitment in Army, it said.
Late night, accused Bahar along with two others boarded the train near Yamuna Bridge and robbed the victims on knife points. When they resisted, the accused stabbed them and fled with the victims` mobile phones, cash and other documents, the police said.
Injured Rajinder Singh informed a guard at the next station and they took Kumar, 27, to a hospital where he was declared "brought dead."
The police arrested the accused after tracking the location of the looted mobile phones.
Apart from Bahar, the other accused, Mohammed Anees had already been held guilty in the case while the third was a juvenile at the time of the crime.
The court said it has been established from the eye witness account of Singh that the accused were in possession of knives and had stabbed the victim with these weapons with their common intention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik