2,000-year-old beef found in NW China
Beijing: Chinese archaeologists have said that a black substance found in an ancient tomb in northwest China`s Shaanxi Province is a 2,000-year-old portion of beef.
"After months of high-tech analysis scientists confirmed the substance`s makeup," Hu Songmei, a paleontologist from the provincial archaeological institute said.
The tomb was discovered during a two-year excavation project conducted by the institute that began in 2009 in the Wanli village in the provincial capital of Xi`an.
The beef, most of which had been carbonised, is the earliest beef product discovered in China, state-run news agency Xinhua quoted Hu as saying.
The beef was discovered two years ago in a bronze pot placed in a tomb and is believed to date back to the Warring States Period (475 BC - 221 BC), she said.
Hu said the beef did not shrink, proving that it had been dried before being put into the pot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Sensex logs first rise in five sessions on earnings lift
- Goa SSC (Class 10) Examination Results 2016 to be declared on May 25: (goaresults.nic.in) GBSHSE 10th board results, Goa Board (GBSHSE) SSC (Class 10) Examination Results 2016
- Best of your sex life begins at 40!
- Cristiano Ronaldo confident of Champions League glory despite injury scare
- Goa University Examination Results announced