Climate change panel drafts renewable energy paper
Doha, Qatar – A draft report from the world`s top scientific body concludes that prices for renewable energy are falling and will keep declining in the coming years with the help of technological breakthroughs.
But the report, obtained by a leading Press, also warns that policy changes will have to be enacted to ensure that renewable energy can achieve its potential in helping reduce greenhouse gas emissions. It called for the enactment of policies to better balance competing demand for land and addressing "institutional barriers" that prevent the installation of solar energy.
The report is being discussed at a four-day meeting of the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change which began Thursday in Abu Dhabi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days
- Jason Day joined by Rory McIlroy, Phil Mickelson to start PGA Championship