Climate change panel drafts renewable energy paper
Doha, Qatar – A draft report from the world`s top scientific body concludes that prices for renewable energy are falling and will keep declining in the coming years with the help of technological breakthroughs.
But the report, obtained by a leading Press, also warns that policy changes will have to be enacted to ensure that renewable energy can achieve its potential in helping reduce greenhouse gas emissions. It called for the enactment of policies to better balance competing demand for land and addressing "institutional barriers" that prevent the installation of solar energy.
The report is being discussed at a four-day meeting of the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change which began Thursday in Abu Dhabi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir