Climate change panel drafts renewable energy paper
Doha, Qatar – A draft report from the world`s top scientific body concludes that prices for renewable energy are falling and will keep declining in the coming years with the help of technological breakthroughs.
But the report, obtained by a leading Press, also warns that policy changes will have to be enacted to ensure that renewable energy can achieve its potential in helping reduce greenhouse gas emissions. It called for the enactment of policies to better balance competing demand for land and addressing "institutional barriers" that prevent the installation of solar energy.
The report is being discussed at a four-day meeting of the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change which began Thursday in Abu Dhabi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'