Climate change panel drafts renewable energy paper
Doha, Qatar – A draft report from the world`s top scientific body concludes that prices for renewable energy are falling and will keep declining in the coming years with the help of technological breakthroughs.
But the report, obtained by a leading Press, also warns that policy changes will have to be enacted to ensure that renewable energy can achieve its potential in helping reduce greenhouse gas emissions. It called for the enactment of policies to better balance competing demand for land and addressing "institutional barriers" that prevent the installation of solar energy.
The report is being discussed at a four-day meeting of the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change which began Thursday in Abu Dhabi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...