Climate change panel drafts renewable energy paper
Doha, Qatar – A draft report from the world`s top scientific body concludes that prices for renewable energy are falling and will keep declining in the coming years with the help of technological breakthroughs.
But the report, obtained by a leading Press, also warns that policy changes will have to be enacted to ensure that renewable energy can achieve its potential in helping reduce greenhouse gas emissions. It called for the enactment of policies to better balance competing demand for land and addressing "institutional barriers" that prevent the installation of solar energy.
The report is being discussed at a four-day meeting of the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change which began Thursday in Abu Dhabi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know