Half million litres of oil spill in Manila Bay
Manila: Half a million litres of diesel leaked into Manila Bay, the busiest waterway in Northern Philippines, raising environmental and health concerns, the media reported Friday.
According to the Philippine Coast Guard, the spilled oil has spread to 12 coastal barangays in the province of Cavite and was continuing to spread, reports Xinhua.
"There have been reports of people going to hospital due to difficulty in breathing due to the fumes coming from the oil, " a local official said.
The origin of the incident was being determined by the authorities but it is alleged that the oil leaked from oil tanker MV Makisig, which is commissioned by oil giant Petron.
A 300-sq-km slick made by the leaked oil was drifting toward the mouth of the Manila Bay Friday, reported the web site of Philippine Daily Inquirer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Vehicles near Ice House Police Station set on fire; Tamil Nadu govt to table bill on bull-taming sport at 5 pm
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog